What would you say to your sil if your niece never responded to your phone call wishing her

a happy birthday and sending her a birthday card with a check inside. SHould I complain to the mom who is my sil?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i would say "did she get that card that i sent her?" and leave it at that. if she never thanks you then simply don't send another
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• no, personally at MOST I'd ask my brother or sil if the neice got my gift and phone massage...at most.

personally, I'd let it go and if it continued, probably stop sending anything beyond a verbal greeting when I saw her.

What's her age, btw, that can also play a factor here.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• In my opinion phone calls do not require a response, but checks certainly do! Yes, I would make a comment to her or her mom depending on the child's age. Did niecee-poo get my check because I never got a thank you and sometimes these things get lost in the mail is all you have to say.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would just ask the sil if the niece got the check. Since you haven't heard anything from either of them, it's a legitimate question to ask. Or ask what she bought herself with the money you sent her. I've had the same problem, and I'm thinking of not sending any more money. The sad truth is that there has been raised a generation of ungrateful children because they have simply had way too much and they take gifts and such for granted. If a gift is not worth a simple thank-you, then perhaps it's time to stop sending gifts.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I hate how people expect a thankyou. I dont give a gift expecting a Thankyou for it. It should be a nice surprise to get 1.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ...depending on her age of course
    shay1130

• If you want to. Is it possible that life got busy and they forgot to call. I'm not sure I guess I would not totally complain although you could say something.

Not sure Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Will you be seeing them soon? Maybe she is waiting to say thank you face to face. Pick and choose your battles wisely. Is this worth stirring drama over? Whether you intend drama or not it could cause it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• at 22 years of age it might be time to stop sending a gift.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Never send a gift waiting for a thank you, although it would be nice it is really not necessary. Kids have to be pushed into doing this and if you do not get one then there is no disappointment. If you are going to blame anyone blame it on the parents who didn't teach them the right thing to do.

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2010