My daughter and testing out potty training.. I am frustrated

Well she is almost 2 and we have been messing around with the potty thing for months now. She took to it right away and I even put undies on her for hours at a time and she goes on the potty without even being asked. I have even tested her out and took her to the park with no diaper and over the parents houses, etc and she didnt have any accidents. BUT, she will do so good for so long and then like today she peed herself 3 times in a matter of hours... I dont get it, she does so good and then BAM she is running in to point out that she just made a puddel on the floor. What am I doing wrong? I dont want to rush her cause she is still young and I think she has the gist of it.

Chloeandjames25

Asked by Chloeandjames25 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does this too. I 'm guess it will just get better as they get older. I think it;s great that you have been potty training her, but remember she is young it may take awhile before she totally gets it.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 8:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I don't think its you, I remember my mom having this problem with my sister....all it was is the fact that she would be playing and simply forget to go to the potty. Just keep up with the positive reinforcement when she does go (especially on her own!) and it will come in time.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• What i've been told is there will be times that they either forget while having fun or just don't want to stop what they are doing. Your doing better than I am right now. Keep up the good work!!! Give her treats when she does go to the potty. Let her know that when she does go to the potty that you are proud of her and you notice it. So next time when she ALMOST doesn't make it maybe she'll remember she wants to make mommie proud or she really wants that treat! LOL!!
    LilMamaFreeman

Answer by LilMamaFreeman at 1:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Shes not two yet, she doesnt have all her muscles developed to hold it all the time. And she is young. My oldest was potty trained fast like at 1 1/2, (yeah I was pg) lol, and then i had the baby she went backwards, and everyone told me she would. This one shes now 2. Well she wont tinkle on herself all night she wakes up dry. i will put her on the toilet walk away for a couple of mins come back sit next to the toilet wait for her, tell her tee tee in the potty. Then she goes OKK, I teetee. Yeah no teetee.Its been 10mins. i put the diaper on her she runs in the front turns on the tv then like 30mins later I booboo mommy (she actually teeteed finally in the diaper) I dont get it. I am pg again so I dont know if she's clinging on being the baby cus she knows im pg. ugh i just am like ok
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2008