I have a 4 year old daughter and a 3 year old son who still pee in the bed. What do I do??

Can any one give me some advice on what I can do to keep them dry all night lond??

proudmama22

Asked by proudmama22 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Health

• Make sure they arent having anything to drink close to bed time. Have them use the potty before they go to bed even if they dont feel the urge. If this is not helpful, check with ur doctor.
    mimi30513

Answer by mimi30513 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• some time its good to stop them from drinking at least an hour befor they go to bed and make sure they go to the bathroom befor they lay down. some kids sleep to hard at night and cant get up if they feel the erge to pee becouse they are to tired at bed time but a nap in the midle of the day could help with that.
    lovelyme1006

Answer by lovelyme1006 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• 3 and 4 is a little young to be overly concerned. Many children wet the bed through grade school, and a few even longer. I agree with the previous answers. If you've alredy tried those ideas, you may just have to wait. They should grow out of it eventually.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I disagree with drowninginboys...I would try what the first two said, but talk to your pediatrician, you could end up saving your children from a potential problem. At the very least, you'll get some good advice. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Gosh I don't know! I take mine to the potty before bed, and sometimes even wake them up around midnight and they still might wet!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It is perfectly normal until about age 5 then the Dr.'s tend to refer to it as a medical condition. It can be a internal problem or it can be a brain communication thing, or a sleep issue. It really can be several things. I had a child that wet the bed until age 9... we opted not to use medication to stop it, but used a different approach. If you pm me I would be happy to share the information with you. Don't worry... that is why they sell Goodnites! There are much worse things out there other than bed wetting! Good luck! :)
    Banandrea

Answer by Banandrea at 7:57 AM on Jul. 7, 2008