I keep getting a leaking feeling every so often, could my water have broke?

I keep getting a leaking feeling every so often and I'm not sure what it is. I found that if your water breaks high above the babies head it will slowly trickle out from time to time. I'm 36wks so I'm not sure what it is.

LuvMybebe

Asked by LuvMybebe at 1:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, it sure is possible. You're right there at the home stretch. Is it just a "feeling", or can you actually see a wet spot on your underwear? Because if you know for sure that you're leaking... you need to tell your OB. You could give the baby a nasty infection with the bacteria that is naturally found in your vagina. (Sorry.. kinda graphic, but I'm a "come to the point" gal)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:36 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Hear is something you need to do and yes I know TMI. This is how to determine if your water has broke or if you are leaking your bag of water...If the leakage smells sweet..{yep sniff test} than that is your bag of water. If the leakage smells like ammonia than it is urine. You are at the stage in pregnancy where incontinence has blessed you. It sucks but it happens to the best of us. There is so much pressure building up inside that whenever the baby moves or even hiccups it can make you leakurine. So the sniff test is the best way to determine whether or not your water broke,

Also, vaginal discharge is greater in this stage opf pregnancy and it can give you the same sensation of something leaking from your vajayjay...Hope this helps and makes sense...Congrats!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• laughingVaJayJay.... LOL!! Its good to know someone other than me says that!

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I had those same feelings before turn out it was discharge since you are getting closer to the b-day it happens... But you also could had pee a little...lol oh Misses Lauran you crack me up ;)
    kimmy0502

Answer by kimmy0502 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I can tell if I pee a little...lol It always happens when I sneeze too hard:) I do wear a pad because for some reason I have more goo(TMI) than I did with my son. This feels different and I couldn't tell because of the pad, but it had just changed it and there was no goo...I checked. Sorry TMI.
    LuvMybebe

Answer by LuvMybebe at 1:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You can have trickling of pee all day long when pregnant...LOL TMI I know...So whenever you get the chance I would check and see if it is urine or if all else fails go to the docs office and have them check. My guess it is the blessed pregnancy happenings that we all get and have to write TMI because we have either leaking or discharge from somwhere on our bodies. I say we hand that to the men and they can deal with all the TMI's...{sorry,,,LOL didn't mean to go off topic...I can't sl;eep tonight}
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My sister went to the hospital because she said her water broke,but it turned out she was just leaking urine.The baby was so big 10'12" that she had no feeling in her bladder.
    dennygirl69

Answer by dennygirl69 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• sometimes your water doesn't break, but has a leak. I would call your dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2008