My Parts!! adult content

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and itching that wont quit. Has anyone else had this? Its not a yeast infection. Anyone hav anything that helps with downthere itch?

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 9:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you shave or trim at all? I have found with this pregnancy that my skin is way too sensitive to keep up with shaving like I used to.. so I kind of just let it grow and then trim it up lol I don't prefer it that way, but whatever makes the itching stop! It isn't just down there though.. it's ALL over and it drives me nuts! Try some lotions or baby powders as well
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Are you sure it's not a yeast infection? I had one during my 5th pregnancy and it felt so different from the ones I had before - I was sure that wasn't it until I asked my dr.

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I had it with my last pregnancy. My doctor told me that the extra discharge could be the cause, or the lack thereof could cause itchiness (I had both too much and then times I was so dry it sometimes itched and burned). Go ask your doctor and see what's going on with you, only he/she will be the one to help you.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would def check with the Dr. I just had a "Mo Fo" of a yeast infection that 2 other Dr.s said was NOT a yeast infection but a strep/staf infection and a bladder infection. They treated these things with very strong antibiotics and guess what? It made it WORSE!! Why? Because yeast infections thrive on antibiotics!! Once I got the correct diagnosis from a female Dr this time! I was able to begin to heal. It was so bad by this point that she felt it necessary to DOUBLE - TRIPLE treat me. She gave me the pill AND the cream and then had me me take them 3 times rather than just once. On top of that since I could barely stand to sit down, she also gave me HUGE bottles of Lidocaine to numb me while I healed. Thank God for women who know how to recognize it and how to make a woman feel better!!! Its been a week and I am thankfully pretty much all healed!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Wow. Yeah I pretty much stopped shaving since I have been getting bigger- it's just too awkward and I don't feel like it. I have been having more discharge than I'm used to but my doctor said that it was just the normal leukorrhea. I've had several bladder infections so far that were treated with antibiotics but the doctor said there was no yeast infection and one of those home yeast tests was negative. I got a tip to use some witch hazel wipes externally. They help temporarily. I have to use them almost every time I use the bathroom- but it keeps me from itching so bad that my eye twitches! Lol.

Thanks everyone. If it keeps up for another few days I think I will go back to the doctor and plead for something.
    meandrphoto

Comment by meandrphoto (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010