Bad Mom??

Lately i have been feeling really guilty, i have a 18 month old little girl and im a stay at home mom. She has developed such a little attitude and sometimes i get angry with her and want to spank her but i feel like that won't work and she is too young. I have tried tapping her arm and sternly saying no and she laughs! I really want more children but i feel like im a bad mother for getting so frustrated. Also, i feel so disorganized, sometimes i will forget to bring her snacks or her cup... maybe even wipes and my mom and others look at me like i'm a bad parent. Since i have had her i have been very forgetful and seem to always miss something in her diaper. SOrry i'm ranting i just feel like i need to vent... how do people even do it with two kids? does these things make me a bad mother. I love my daughter and she is my world i just feel so bad! Anyone understand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds as if you are in a funk and it happens to the best of us. I have 3 kids and I still forget the wipes from time to time. No biggie! If you were going grocery shopping or to the mall most bathrooms have paper towels and those can work just as good in an emergency situation. As far as the bottle or sippy cup keep one oin the diaper bag that is only for the diaper bag. Also get one for your moms house. Less stuff to remember,

nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• As far as the baby listening. She is testing her boundaries and just remember at this age she needs A LOT of repetative responses. You may say NO a million times in a day. That is normal. Here is something that has helped me to keep my sanity when I am in a funk. When the munchkin naps you lay down and rest too. It could very well be that you are tired which all us moms are all the time. Also try taking some prenatal vitamins for a boost in your system. It works and will make you hair pretty! Hang in there. It does get easier and more fun!
    nyteowl

• shes still young at 18 months ..when shes doin soemthign she not supposed to then pull away from wat she wa by and say no you may not do that..if she does it again then put her in a break..your not a bad momfor forgetin things...welcome to motherhood..i get very fruserated also i dotn have good patience so your not alone
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Girl, you are not alone!! I am forgetful too... and I do have 2 kids! I just have to make a lot of lists, and write myself reminder notes. You are NOT a bad mom! My 2 yr old has an attitude too, and it makes me crazy some days. He always picks my busiest time...like when I answer the phone, or have a houseguest. Don't be afraid to try different kinds of discipline until you find something that works for your daughter. Once you do find what works... BE CONSISTENT. This stage doesn't last forever, and you will become a stronger woman in the process.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You're not a bad mom. We all go through it, and we all forget things too. Don't get down on yourself. You're completely normal. I know it's hard, but when the baby is napping or when it's her bed time, try to do something for you. Try to relax. It will get easier, and definitely more fun. If you need to talk, you can message me.

Gretchen
    Gretchen0122

Answer by Gretchen0122 at 1:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• the system i worked out with the inlaws seem to work for us and its deff helps to forget less...I bought a sippy cup,wipes,and diapers and they keep them at thier house so i dont forget them lol you could try that it'll help alot! I also leave a few changes of clothes up there for sleepovers and incase thier babysitting and he has an accident.
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You are not alone, I think that happens to the best of us. My 2 year old throws a hissyfit like no other, and I swore none of my kids would do that. And I too feel the same way if I whoop her Im a bad mom. But I'm not. My oldest never did this. I raised three other children they never did that. I think every child is different. Oh honey I have a theroy the more kids we have the dumber we become lol, I forget crap all the time lol. At least I havent forgotten one of them yet. Did I?? No I dont think so ...see..lol forgetfullness. My daughter is going threw the I can pat her butt it doesnt faze her she looks crazy I tell her sturn she stomps off. But eventually even though I hate rewalking her to her room she gets the drift. Hey ease up were only human. Ur a great mom.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:11 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You may be anious and/or depressed? That and some physical conditions may cause forgetfulness. That being said, motherhood is a constant challenge. Find some other moms to relate to and spend time with to confirm you are normal. If older women give you a look they aren't the ones to help you through this. Neglect and abuse define a bad mother. That isn't you. Have your supplies packed at all times, having extras in your car and purse. I used to retock the diaper bag when I returned home with a snack, drink, diapers, wipes, change of clothers, pacifier, bottles, powedered formula. I took medicine and thermometer if I was going overnight. Keep a list of what you need, in case you have to pack quickly. Think while you are quiet and calm, use the list when you aren't.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Your not a bad mom! every mother has issues like this! THe best thing for the forgetfulness for me was sleep. I was so tired all the time once i forced myself to nap when tekids napped i found i wasnt as forgetful and short tempered. hope you figure it out and remember nobodys perfect and everybody feels like a bad mom sometime
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 9:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Patience is a learned thing, it doesn't just "come to you". You'll get better in time. I was the same way at first and now things are finally starting to calm down.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2008