Potty Training boys: How, how long, what age?

For moms of boys, at what age did you start to potty train? How long did it take before he was daytime potty trained? Night time potty trained? What technique did you use?

roxy85

Asked by roxy85 at 1:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Potty training girls & boys is basically the same. I started all my children the summer they were 2. But all children are different so it varies on the length of time & what is going to work best for each individual child.

They are also ready to break when they say they need they're diaper changed or just simply start taking off they're diapers.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 2:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my son started sitting on the potty a few time a day when he was 13 mo because he was interested. In a year it took me no where so then I just put him in underware. In like two weeks he was keeping dry. now we still have a wasy to go but that was a big step! I still have to tell him to go potty every couple hours, but he will tell me sometimes. he still has accidents, but he usually can stop himself and finish on the potty. We are also still working on the poop thing. Oh, and he wears a diaper to bed.
    Good luck, it will get frustrating but stay positive and don't force it or it will turn into a power stuggle!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My ds had it at three, but was only going when he wanted to do (typical boy lol) but was doing it all the time by four.

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My lil guy was 2 when I first started trying. We brought in the potty chair. He was always in the bathroom w/ Mommy or Daddy, so I thought he'd think he was a 'big boy' if he tried... NO interest, at all:P
    So, we waited til he was 2 1/2 to try again. We read him books about it. By then it was summer, so we were outside a lot. I just took the diaper off, and told him he needed to pee like a big boy. He did great! He did NOT want to wet his pants, so it was very easy.
    Whatever you do, don't push him until he's really ready, or else it will backfire, big time!
    GL;)
    ErinWells

Answer by ErinWells at 4:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2008