Does anyone know how to make good tamales and or pan de polvo?

I am trying to find recipes to make these things for Christmas. I usually buy them but I thought it would be fun if I actually tried to make them myself. Pan de Polvo are little Mexican wedding cookies and they are made with cinnamon and sugar. I tried to Google the recipes but I couldn't find one that was close enough.

txsgal

Asked by txsgal at 9:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/americas/mexican/
    you should find something there.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Thanks so much for your help!
    txsgal

Comment by txsgal (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I like to make pork tamales. You can even make the pork a day ahead of time since you want it nice and tender so you can shred it with a fork. My white girl secrets for good tamales are making the pork in the crock pot a day ahead of time, and then using a steamer to cook them. Pour the water in the bottom, lay the tamales in the trays, set the timer for an hour and when it dings they're done. Couldn't be easie
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The steamer is not too difficult to was either, and they're not expensive. $20 for a basic one at Wal-Mart. I bought pork and stuff to make tamales, only now I can't find the dried corn husks here anymore. So I'll have to go to another town to buy some, or buy some off of the internet.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• This may sound dumb but what type of pork?
    txsgal

Comment by txsgal (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010