Capitalism: A Love Story

Film by Michael Moore. If you have seen the movie, what are your thoughts on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• All these conservatives will never say anything good about anything Michael Moore has to say, they are taught to call him the enemy, because they are actually really threatened by what he has to say, so they are pushed int discredited him. You can't take answers from these conservatives seriously. They have a smear campaign against him, because he makes too much sense. Just look at where we are today with our economy, and tell me this problem didn't start somewhere. If you don't think the middle class is disappearing, and the rich are getting richer while the poor are getting poorer, then you must be living in a different country.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes. I have, actually.

It's typical Moore trash. A tiny tiny tiny tiny sliver of truth ssssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttcccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeedddddddddd
    to make his points seem vaild.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's a comedy, right?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope. I've watched parts of his other mockumentaries and he is very one sided. He threatens those that oppose him with litigation and in the bigger scheme of things, he isn't that important. He isn't about truth. He is about divisiveness. He latches onto things that he might agree with and is a fame whore. He likes to complain about capitalism, yet profits off of it and that doesn't seem to bother him. He uses people and their tragedies to make money for himself, and in my personal opinion, that in itself makes him a douche bag not worthy of my couple of dollars to rent his made up one sided POS 'films'. BTW, thanks for the down vote. I guess opposing opinions are offensive? Here's a suggestion, grow a thicker skin.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Have any of you even actually WATCHED it?

Yes, I have watched all of his crap just to humor myself.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I must say, anything that has Michael Moore's name attached to it I avoid. I have watched just enough of a couple of his "documentaries" to want to throw a brick through the screen and flames shoot out of my ears, soooooo I don't watch them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I haven't yet, but when I watched his previous "documentaries", it just made me mad to think that there are unsuspecting people who believe his exaggerations and half-truths. Gee, let's see, a man who is so in love with publicity that he would offer to act as a body guard for the sleazeball wiki-leaks Julian A.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Who needs to smear? I haven't been taught anything by anyone about him. I have come to my own conclusions from what I have seen him do. Nobody that full of hatred and contempt can be looking at any issue from the middle. He is completely partisan which only makes his mockumentaries even less believable. They only present one side of any issue and that is what he preaches as truth. That's fine. I guess that's his truth, but that doesn't make it so. I don't respect the way he conducts business and if he were really interested in debate he wouldn't threaten those that oppose his point of view with litigation for no reason. He is a hypocrite if he touts capitalism as being evil, yet profits from that he deems evil.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• He is a hypocrite if he touts capitalism as being evil, yet profits from that he deems evil.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what she said.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Haven't watched it but I have watched a few of his other films..a bit of truth in a swamp of lies.I am sure this film would be the same.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010