What are some effective methods to getting an infant (a month old) on a sleeping schedule. As of now i am making sure at 8:30 he's awake and ready for bed and the only other thing recurrant is waking up in the 5 o'clock hour

sleep schedule

mychocolatedrop

Asked by mychocolatedrop at 12:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think that at a month old you need to be on there schedule. Usually around 3 months they get a more set schedule.
    mimi30513

Answer by mimi30513 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Yeah, setting a schedule at a month old is really pushing it. If it happens, consider yourself lucky! I'd wait until the baby was about 3 months old before trying to push a routine on him.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Sounds like you have it all under control! Still, IMO, the best thing to do is make sure he has a routine, even at a month old. He might not follow your schedule yet, but he soon will. Its a good habit even for when they get older.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• its gonna be hard he is still little so u have to go by his time till he is old enough to get on a schedule
    ladythorp

Answer by ladythorp at 8:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• healthy sleep habits, happy child... you can find the book on amizon.com... it was my bible!
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• My husband and I didn't really have a schedule however we did have a routine. At 9:30 we gave our daughter a bath , I got her dressed and Daddy fed her a bottle and cuddled her. She normally would fall asleep and we would then put her in her bed.
    zlcjones

Answer by zlcjones at 11:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• At that little you pretty much have to go on their schedule. We did have a routine, though. During the day she would wake up, feed, change diaper, play, sleep, repeat. At night at around the 8pm cycle I would read to her, give her a bath, and then put her in her crib. It made it feel more like bedtime. Just give it time and you will hit on a rhythm. Don't stress about the routine thing.
    ella_mom

Answer by ella_mom at 4:37 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• My baby is on a good schedule for being a month old. He falls asleep at about 8-9 at night and wakes up 3 times until 7 am. You have to work with their schedule.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 7, 2008