• In the Spotlight:

I need birhday party ideas for an 8 year old boy

My son is turning 8 in December and I need some ideas on what to do for his birthday that does not involve my house :)

gdot

Asked by gdot at 2:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Entertainment

• Have you try ChuckECheese? I had a party for my son 8th birthday there and he liked it. Not too much about the mouse but he liked the games and pizza. They could plan everything for you so you don't have to do much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Do you have an arcade in your town? A lot of them will help host parties. I don't know where you are at, but you can do some research online to see if they will, or call around.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Also see if you can find a local pizza place and sometimes they will host parties and let the kids make their own pizzas, We did that for our sons 7th Birthday and it was awesome. They gave the kiddos a tour of the kitchen and then let them go at it making their personal; pizzas in the kitchen.

If you do that one of the things you could get for a goody bag depending on your budget for such a thing is get each of the kids an apron. You can find cheapo aprons at the dollar store...I hope this helps and good luck
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 4:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• HAVE IT AT THE BOWLING ALLEY THEY HAVE BUMPERS FOR THE KIDS AND THEY HAVE PARTY DEALS !! OR TAKE THEM TO THE LOCAL INDOOR POOL REC CENTER RENT A ROOM GET PIZZA TO EAT THEY ALSO HAVE ROOM DEALS ! !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• The bowling party is a great idea! Also pizza parlors/restaurants are great as most have separate rooms or areas for larger groups. This way you can still have your theme (Cars, Incredible Hulk, Pirates -always a popular one). Don't know what movies are coming out, but taking them to a kids-Disney movie is always very popular. If they can wait, I hear great things about "Bolt" about the dog who is a TV hero but gets out in the "real" world with no super powers.
    Good luck! Most of all HAVE FUN!
    momofours

Answer by momofours at 3:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008