How can I get more respect?

So I am currently pregnant with my ex's child but have moved on to someone better. Someone who wants to be there for me and my child, unlike my ex. Unfortunately I can't seem to get my mother, whom I am currently living with, to respect my decision. I'll talk to my Bf on the phone and she will scoff and laugh when I tell him I love him. I don't appreciate her childish behavior but don't know how to approach her about it. Any suggestions?

NewMom0888

Asked by NewMom0888 at 3:01 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Ask her why she thinks it is funny to hear you say you love your new boyfriend. Be prepared for the answer though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I can tell you why. Because just a few months ago you loved the first guy. Loved him enough to allow yourself to get pregnant by him. Now all of a sudden you love the second guy. The mother is most likely thinking who is she going to love next week. Love doesn't happen that fast.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2008