How do you feel about the new Volkswagon commercial??

Personally, I hate it. This is the commerccial with Brooke Shields saying that women are getting pregnant so they can buy this new model of Volkswagon minivan...How down grading for a mother to protrey women like that. I don't find ANY humor in it!! How about you?

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 3:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Excuse my language but I FUCKING hate those commercials. They're stupid and pointless. I think Brooke is an idiot for doing them and I can't WAIT for them to go off air....
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:12 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I despise, loathe, detest these commercials, however, my husband loves them.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:17 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Nah, it doesn't bother me, but for some reason, I want to bitch slap that compulsive liar from the Glade commercials.

This_bitch_drives_me_nuts!

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 3:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• LOL OMG I KNOW!!! Her and her frickin french candles......
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I hate those commercials too. They are just plain stupid!
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 4:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• They are really stupid there is no point in them at all. My husband hates them and turnes the channel when they come on!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 4:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I don't mind them...I'm not that over-analytical or easily offended. I'm sure she did not shoot those commercials with the intent of degrading women in any way. I think they are just light-hearted humor and have no malicious intent...

...but as I said, I'm not that tempermental.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 5:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Uh, no they don't bother me. They are meant to be to be a joke, which should be obvious...and to highlight that it is a good family car. Like the previous poster, I am not that over-analytical or easily offended either. Of all the things out there that people should be offended over, this surprises me.
    sheena696

Answer by sheena696 at 7:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Good lord, is there anything people won't bitch about?

Get a sense of humor, get a life, and if you really hate the commercials, get a DVR and fast forward through them.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think they are hilarious....although I do not think they need to be played on Nick Jr. during the day. I think that's a bit over the top. Like kids are going to be buying a car???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2008