can anyone give me some info on iui?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I got pregnant using iui .. what is your question??
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• is it expensive? how is it done?
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes it's expensive. I have medical insurance so they picked up the ultrasounds and blood tests that I needed to have done to have the procedure done. My out of pocket cost turned out to be 1500.00 which isnt too bad. My sister paid cash for all of it and it cost her around 3,000.00 I believe each time. The iui worked for me the first time four times later she's still trying she has switched to ivf efforts now.
    Before anything they'll want to test you and dh for fertility issues. This is when they'll run tests on both of you I went to a special clinic to get pregnant. I took clomid a few days before the iui to make more follicles. When they saw the follicles reached a certain level we did the iui. They had dh release into a cup. then they took his sperm put a tube inside of me using an u/s to see where it was and inserted his sperm. I waited on the table for 20 mins before I left. Then went back two weeks later for a bld test
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010