Please help heart problems.

I went in to get a regular tummy check today I'm 24 weeks pregnant. I was telling the DR. how it gets hard for me to breath, she was saying thats normal with pregnancy I kept telling her about it so she listened to my heart and lungs, and she said that my heartbeat was abnormal, and that i would need to get some tests done. so tomarow i get an ECG, and an ultrasound on my heart. she said we don't know if it's bad till the tests are done. the babys heart was fine same with her growth n stuff it's just me with the problems.
Has anyone ever done this before?
what happened? what are the tests like?

BabyGsMaMa13

Asked by BabyGsMaMa13 at 3:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • It's not a big deal. They hook you up to this machine and it makes a little printout of your heart rate and all that stuff. They don't puncture your skin or anything. They just stick these little things to you and you lie on a table for a bit. It's not that bad. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ew i was just at the hospital for this. i was there f or like 7 hours. it was soo long. but yeah they just put these things on you and you sit there and they have yu hooked up to a blood pressure thing that goes off like every 15 min its boring. lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:52 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It's very common for a woman to develop a heart murmur or irregular rythmm during pregnancy.  Don't worry yourself, things will probably be fine.

mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:14 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• The tests are no big deal, it's just really boring cuz you have to sit there while they look at your heart. I had tachycardia and ectopic beats during my last pregnancy.It was annoying, but nothing serious. Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008