Intelectually stimulating activity for stay-at-home mom?

Raising kids is a 24/7 job. I feel like I run around all day doing stuff for and with my kids. I desperately need ideas for intellectually stimulating things to do while I am home. Any ideas ladies?

silhouettes79

Asked by silhouettes79 at 9:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• How about writing or doing some kind of art project?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Read, take up a craft, start a home based business, earn an on line degree, take a night class in a foreign language
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have always done crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles. These are activities that you can work on for just a few minutes at a time and that are very challenging to the old thinker. You can even keep a puzzle book in the bathroom next to the throne.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• What... this answer section isn't Intellectually stimulating enough??? LOL
    How about some online college courses or reading in general. Pick something you want to know more about and study it. Personally a I like to Quilt & scrapbook in my down time. Always trying to learn new techniques and perfect them.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Read, crossword puzzles, sudoku
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• CafeMom?! Reading, watching educational TV, or looking things up on the Internet.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Reading, some kind of discussion group, perhaps taking up some kind of art or music.... Honestly CM is my intellectual stimulation - I'm involved in a couple of religious discussion/debate groups, so between that and reading I'm pretty good. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I played house with my daughter's dolls where she would get to pretend to be mommy and tell the baby (me) what needs to be done. It encouraged her sense of role play and also gave me an insight to how she saw me as a mother-figure. (whether I was doing a good job, or fussing too much, whatever she did that mimiced me and I didn't like seeing I was able to change that behavior so that she would not emulate it)
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I use crossword puzzles and I try to read as much as possible!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I read, write, and involved in some writer's organizations, I also think taking a college class or 2 even if they're online is a great idea.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2010