Let's be realistic... adult content

Who in here that has had their SO cheat on them has ever gotten the image of him humping, grinding and grunting "i'm cumming" in or on another women out of their head?

Or better yet, can you really, really look at your husband lovingly while looking at his face and know that he had that mouth (a mouth that should have been reserved for you and you alone) down on some nasty cum dumpsters c*nt lapping it up like it's his last supper and then coming home and kissing you...UGGGG...gross?

CAN YOU REALLY, REALLY GET THOSE IMAGES OUT OF YOUR HEAD?

Please only answer if this applies to you.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• One of the things I realized about myself when I would think/wallow in those thoughts was this. More than anything, my ego was hurt and my ego was what wallowed . My ego was hurt when my husband had a one night stand. Even though our marriage was totale shite, & we couldn't even stand to be the in the same room together & we faught all the time.. It hurt my ego that he would do what he did, my ego responded with thoughts like: She's ugly, how could he screw her when I'm here at home, and many other thoughts (many that I have seen many other women share here on CM). For ME thoughm, those thoughts were all hurt ego, not hurt feelings/;heart. That was a tough one for me to accept at first. However for ME that was the truth, my ego hurt more than my heart. Give an idea of how bad my marriage was at the time.. lol

Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes, hubby cheated and yes I have forgiven him and moved on with life, that was 15 years ago. The anger will eventually subside, if you allow it to. Good luck.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Mine cheated - 25 years ago. We had the divorce papers and all... but them he realized that being single wasn't all it was cracked up to be. When he wanted to try again I made him start from the beginning... Scheduled dates and everything. It took a long time to trust him again. Eventually I knew he was sincere and he moved back into our bedroom.
    knappkin

Answer by knappkin at 10:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i was cheated on emotionally not physically. but the girls were women whom he'd had sexual pasts with before me. and sometimes i do flashback to him having phone sex with one of them, sitting there on the phone with a boner probably rubbing himself while listening to another slutty woman's voice (i can call her slutty cause she knew of our marriage) meanwhile im at home taking care of the 2 children we had and being pregnant with our 3rd. it does make me sick sometimes. it makes me wonder what i did wrong, too. perhaps if he had cheated physically i might think about stuff like that. except for the going down part, he rarely does that to me and he's only done it to 2 other women so if he were casually hooking up with someone i doubt he'd do it to her. anyway if you're going to work out the issues, it's best not to think about stuff like this. its counter-productive to the healing and forgiving process.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yuck..don't do that to yourself.This is also why I think it is never a good idea for the one cheated on to know every detail.If you two are trying to work it out then holding onto those thoughts will only be counter productive.Try and find ways to keep your mind busy with other things instead.Even if you don't work it out it isn't healthy to obsess like that.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My SO hasn't cheated on me, but to be honest, I would think the same way. I wouldn't be able to get those thoughts out of my head. I'm sorry you're going through this. If you are staying married and trying to make it work, it might be a good idea to speak to a counselor, because this sounds like it will tear you apart, and that's a horrible feeling.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well, when you put it that way...damn.

My DH has never cheated, BTW.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My x cheated on me and I've never had those images. It's just not healthy. I'm not bashing. I'm just about moving on. My SO now has gone out with other women. He's very sexual and I am sure he's been sexual with them but I don't see how thinking of him doing intimate things with them would be helpful to me.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My x cheated and I wouldn't allow myself to entertain those images either..it's not healthy at all..but then again, I cheated on him after that just to make myself feel better, so who am I to say???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I duno but I know after eading the thoughts you have Im not going to be able to get them out of my head so I have no clue how one who is cheated on would be able to get it out of thier head.......
    eeewwww im sorry that has to be a hprribal thought and feeling to have all the tiem
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010