What do you think?

http://www.lemondrop.com/2010/12/14/bride-sues-groom-for-leaving-her-at-the-altar-to-the-tune-of/?icid=maing|main5|dl4|sec1_lnk5|31195

I've heard stories like this before. Also, the father of the bride sueing the would be groom.

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is one of the original grounds for 'breach of contract' --and the reason why if the bride leaves, the groom is entitled to the ring back, but if he goes he gives up his claim, on the woman and the ring.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect people to live up to their side, especially if them not doing so costs a great deal of money. Of course, at this point in time I'd expect a lot of the reasons for recouping the costs to have more to do with over-extending and buying a wedding no one involved could hope to afford...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with the article one hundred percent.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Did he really chip in nothing? I think he was right to leave when he did. And I also think, this is why we eloped. It's just too much added stress and money for a new relationship.

I'm on the fence on this one.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010