Who in here

stayed in a relationship after he cheated only to regret it later and eventually breakup?

How long did you stay after the incident and before you finally ended it for the last time?

ShouldHaveLeft

Asked by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I stayed for about 6 months then I discovered I was pregnant and didnt want my child to be around a person like him because he wasnt father material. I made the right choice but sadly I lost the baby
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I stayed and eventually left but the cheating didn't bother me as much as he was just a jerk. I stayed long enough to figure out what i wanted and found a job to save to get a nice place.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did. I started dating a guy for 3 years. Turned out he cheated on me the whole time. I found out about one and I forgave him (I was 17 at this point) then we broke up a couple of months later. Looking back I can't believe that was me. Now, I would never let a guy cheat and stay. I'm too strong for that. If he cheats once RUN!!!
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Once a cheat always a cheat
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My first husband cheated our second year of marriage. I was young and we just had a baby so I stayed. 8 years and 3 more kids later he did it again. I dont regret staying because I had 3 more great kids but had I been a little older and smarter I would have left the first time.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I could never stay with someone that cheated. I wouldnt be able to ever trust him again and who wants to live like that?
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• was married, he cheated, i left, we got back together, he cheated again, i left
    once a cheater always a cheater

just because you stayed after he cheated does NOT mean you have to wait until he cheats again
    you can leave anything you want

i see your posts, you seem to have an issue with with and can not get over it, if you are just waiting for him to cheat again=WHY?
    you do not have to wait until he does this again, you seem to think he will (from other posts of yours)

why are you staying? are you and him working on marriage? are you waiting until kids out of house then plan on leaving? is there a money issue that makes you stay?

you will never trust him 100% again=PERIOD, but you can get back to 99% if both of you try

are you two trying to fix marriage?????????????
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• maybe the answer is that you can not fix it
    i think he needs to fix it (at least 90% of at, you would have to try to, but the cheater is mostly the one that has to fix it, of course if he was putting in 99% of fixing and you did not put in 1% = it would not work)

is he putting in any effort to HIM fixing it?

if not, then marriage is already dead
    and then time to leave
    unless you two make arrangements to live together for sake of children (people do do this)

where is your marriage (besides your anger and hurt of him cheating?)
    are the two of you trying?
    if not, can you two try?
    if he is uneilling to try, then ball in your court... do you want to stay in this kind of life?

why have you not left??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My ex-fiance cheated. We really tried to work things out, because he felt AWFUL about it (I know he genuinely did). I had a REALLY hard trusting him, especially as we were living far away from each other while he was finishing up school. Ultimately, we kept bickering and fighting, and the lack of trust broke us up. I don't think we lasted a month after that.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I read your response to some of the questions asked of you. I would just like to say that it is never to late to leave. You deserve to be happy and obviously that is not going to happen if you stay. It may be hard but in the end you will be much better off. If it does not kill you it will make you stronger. IMO The very least he could do is kiss your ass every opportunity he gets.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 1:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2010