Why is it so hard for us to wait for anything anymore?

I see ppl honk if they have to stop so I can park. I see ppl get upset if they think I'm taking too much time putting my money in my wallet while finishing in the grocery line. I see ppl use that special sign language if they think I don't turn from the left lane fast enough for their liking. Or if I'm not speeding with the rest of them on the freeway, they go around and practically run me off the lane. What's up with that? I myself find it hard to just sit and read a book or even pray. Why are we in such a hurry? Plz keep it clean. Thank you

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 10:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• I imagine most people feel the same way I do, holiday shopping is terribly stressful. I want to get in, get it done and get out. I don't want to wait while someone pokes into a parking spot or organizes their wallet in line. I'm not saying this is what you are doing, but I am saying that some people seem to move extra slow when they know other people are waiting and I know for me, I am most stressed when I have to go shopping during the month of December so it feels like people are taking even longer than they may be.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• America is a blending pot but only if you can boil fast enough, lol.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• we are few people who care about others then there are others that don't give dame and the way they drive
    make anyone who want to drive
    so when people are in rush and to make their day i will go little slower just to make me smile because i know some one else will piss them off down the road
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's the life we have come accustomed to. Live in the "fast lane"
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Unfortunately it's a "me" society. So many people seem to think what they want, they should get and they should get it when they want it. It tends to be worse around the holidays (depending on where you live, I think).
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i never used to have to drive so much. My DD's school is pretty far & i have to drive back & forth twice a day. At first, i was the slow pushover driver who got yelled at all the time for being slow. After a while though, driving became very irritating & stressful. I soon became one of those drivers who is constantly swearing & cursing people out. This went on for a while...driving was a chore.

But one day i realized how stupid i am being. I thought "I should be so grateful that i have a car & am able to drive my DD to a great school". When i was little my mom never drove, we walked or took the train everywhere. I remembered this & felt even more grateful that i am so lucky to have a nice working car. So, any time i begin to get irritated with driving...i try to think of how horrible life would be without a car...it really helps!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am in a hurry because I am selfish self important and I want my way and don't feel like watching others take forever to do something. I see five hundred people a day and would like them all to get service.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Not a poular answer but its clean and honest.
    pinkdragon36

• sorry popular..lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because most people are selfish, inconsiderate, impatient, and generally just irritated.
    Not many people care about anyone but themselves, or their "own" anymore. Its sad.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:51 AM on Dec. 17, 2010