How do I keep the kitty from jumping up on the fish tank?

We have a huge fish tank for our Oscar and Baby keeps jumping up on it to drink from the filter. Well hubby has been complaining about kitty paw prints on the front of the tank from when she jumps down. So how do I keep her from jumping up there because I'm sick of washing the front of the tank every day. She's up there right now by the way... Lol. Oh, and we keep water in both the cat and dog dishes but she just seems too lazy to walk in the kitchen to get a drink.

Molliemom2b

Asked by Molliemom2b at 4:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pets

• The best way i have found is double stick tape around the tank. after a few times of the kitty getting her feet stuck to the tape it wont get up there any more
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• squirt it with water
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Indeed Get a water gun and go to town making a hissing noice, while shooting her down from there, it will be okay after awhile she wont do it
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 5:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Squirt gun always worked for me. BTW our cats drink from the toilet.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:40 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Lay mouse traps on top and cover it with a thick layer of newspaper. The cat won't get hurt, but it will scare it till doomsday and it will never do it again.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 10, 2008

• LOL at susied250....that's great. you are funny. You can also try aluminum foil on the surface you don't want your cat on. It worked for me. the squirt gun works to, it seems to take longer though. My cats are really stubborn though, lol.
    sweetbeachkitty

Answer by sweetbeachkitty at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• sweetbeachkitty: how would aluminum foil work? just spread it out or crinkle it a little? im confused lol.
    Molliemom2b

Answer by Molliemom2b at 5:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2008