How do i STOP wanting another baby!!??!!

i have a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old already but for some reason i want another one. i cant stop this feeling and i dont like it. i know i cant afford another baby and neither can the man im with. we do use protection bc like i said we know we dont need a baby. He doesnt know how i feel bc honestly im ashamed to feel this way. i just dont know how to stop it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Take a breath. Maybe you just miss them being so small. Who knows maybe in five years you will be able to afford it. Then you can have one. Your feelings are your feelings you shouldn't be ashamed of them.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Time will help. Sounds like you have time on your hands, and need something to occupy your mind. Do you work or go to school? If not, figure out a way to do one of those. You could think of it as a way of preparing to get enough money so that you could have another child..
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• How about I send you Max for a week :) that'll stop ya.. haha..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would say you need to start looking forward to what is coming up with the two of the children that you have and focus on them. Start thinking about how much better and easier their lives will be if you stop right now.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Your a mom, and a pretty good one if you love your kids so much that you can't stop thinking of having another one. Pride yourself in being smart enough to know you can't, but loving the idea of having another.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think its totally natural, just because you logically know you dont want another right now, doesnt make the natural urge go away.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:47 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You need to talk to your man. Once you get it out in the open, you ca begin to move past it. Also, remember that you can have another one in time. My DH and I have 4 kids. My DH does not want anymore kids right now because we have a lot that we want to do in the next couple of years. He thinks that with a baby, we might have to stall those plans or cancel them. It does make me sad that we may not have another child, but it is an option. When we get things done and the other kids are a little bit older, we could have another baby. After all, I'm still young, and so are you. Just keep that in mind, and it can help. No kids now, but maybe later.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it's called "baby fever" my dear and most of us from time to time come down with it. if you have a case of it right now, seeing babies and such will make you fever go up! i get this feeling a lot knowing that after our 3rd who is now 11 months was our last because dh got fixed. i honestly miss that "newborn" feeling, bringing them home and having that new motherly bond. but i just try and shake the feeling off and look at the 3 great kids i have know, focusing on their futures and the present. ill keep my mind occupied by starting up a project with them or cleaning/cooking something. dont beat yourself up, maybe someday you will have another and fulfill this need to have another one. until then try & keep busy & play with the two you are so blessed to have now :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think every mom goes through it. Except me it seems. I sometimes wish I had that feeling to have another child and then have one. Maybe random people would lay off the fact my husband and I have only child.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• All I can say is I have 5 and I am SOOOOO over the baby thing lol.  Good Luck.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010