Nutcracker Ballet?

Just curious, is it tradition for schools to take kids on field trips to see this? We have a local ballet company that performs this every year (for a couple of weeks at least). I drive by our local civic center everyday to and from work, so I'll notice school buses there now and then, so I'm pretty sure they are there to see the Nutcracker, LOL. So I'm just curious if they do it in other places too.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• It is a tradition in many areas if they have a local production.
    Here in our area, the 3rd graders are taken to one of the local military bases to see the NC Symphony Orchestra every spring.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes, our school has gone to a local children's theater for things like this. It varies, as to what is offered, but the nutcracker was on one year.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Some districts do. Ours doesn't where we live now, but when we were in Columbus, OH my kids went when they were in 3rd grade.

I love the Nutcracker!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I saw it every year as a kid. I think I went with my school.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes. It is traditional in many areas. It's a wonderful way to introduce children to this traditional ballet. It's very expensive, normally, but they give the school groups a break on the price.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The Nutcracker goes to the schools here. I think it's in 5th grade they get to go see some of the Nutcracker at an assembly. I always thought that was cool!
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I can't imagine the school in our community being able to afford that, but what a neat fieldtrip!
    TigerofMu

Answer by TigerofMu at 1:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We went when I was in grade school. I forgot all about it until now.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Oh and it's not just local schools either. I've seen buses from neighboring towns here too. We're the largest city in this part of the state though.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010