okay so i asked this question yesterday but didn get much of a response so maybe someone can help me out

i have 4 kids all of which i can only get one to take a nap and that would be my 10 month old, the other 3 or twin boys that are 4 and a 2 year old boy, please help me, they get so mean and angry if they do not get a nap but for the life of me i can not get them to take one. i am going crazy here please please please help.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• If they won't nap, at least make them be quiet in their rooms for at least a half an hour. Then maybe they'll fall asleep.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• BUSY MOMMY! Ican understand the 10 mo old being easy to nap! Where are you napping the 2 yr old (9my 2 yrold turned 2 in Sept and naps 2-3 hrs a day sometimes more...I make his room dark, quiet give hims a sippy and blankey and he goes right out) try some warm milk too! The 4 yr olds may not need naps any more...mine does not but I give her quiet time every day with a movie and snack on my bed
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The 4 year olds are probably old enough that they don't want to take naps anymore. My son who is almost 5 gave up naps around the age of 2 which may also be why your 2 year olds doesn't want to either. If they are refusing then maybe explain to them that they need at least 30 minutes of quiet time. If they are allowed to watch tv then maybe put on a program or short movie that they like. Give them a yummy snack and drink and hopefully they will relax. Best of luck to you.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have three boys at the same ages, 4, 2, and 10 months. My four year old doesn't usually take a nap anymore so I make him do quiet time when his brothers take their naps. My two year old takes 1-2 naps a day and my 10 month old takes 2-3 naps a day. I try to keep the house quiet with very little light most of the day also. Do they get to run around outside? I'm not sure what else you can do.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• At 2 my kids stopped taking naps we gave them an earlier bedtime to compensate worked so much better. So maybe move bedtime up an hour and just have a rest period in the middle of the day.  During babies naptime have a movie time for the other kids. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Both my kids gave up their naps around 2 years old. We insisted on some 'quiet rest time' for a while until their bodies acclimated. What time do they go to bed at night? What time are they getting up?

When we did 'quiet rest time' it included things like lying on the couch with a favorite video or show, reading stories together, drawing quietly in their rooms, laying on the bed with a soft stuffed toy and some music, etc. Just something to settle down for a bit and rest.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• see for a while i just let the 4 years olds stay up and moved up there bedtime but recently they have all been acting like little brats, i dont want to say that its just that they act the way kids do when they need a nap but they just wont do it and quiet time forget about it, they just dont want to listen to me when it comes to that, if dad tells them to go to there room and lay down and rest they will its just me and i am at a loss of what to do about it
    michelle.coppes

Comment by michelle.coppes (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I babysit a lot of kids all ranging from 2 to 12 years old. When I have them all day After lunch I will throw pillows and blankets on the floor and pick out a movie for them I tell them its rest and relaxation time and they will all lay down and stay there through the whole movie. I tell them they don't have to sleep but stay down for the movie so that whoever falls asleep can sleep then after the movie is ove they can get up and play with the toys. Even the older boys will sit down and watch the movie. But kids are different. Have you tried to separate the twins when it is time to rest?
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• "if dad tells them to go to there room and lay down and rest they will its just me and i am at a loss of what to do about it "

Ah. They're testing mommy.

Can't say I blame them... I hated naps too! Perhaps quiet time wherever they are? Maybe you can set up something special just for napping, like a toy tent or a special blanket that is a magic carpet? Make nap time seem more interesting.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I wish I could help but i can't get my only child to take a nap most of the time. Sorry hun
    mary_whtsn

Answer by mary_whtsn at 12:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010