why chistian are so mean

I had a neightbor who is a christian. Eight year a ago her mom past away. So my husband invited her over for dinner. And when she need company we were there for her too. She siad she wanted give us a date and babysit my son for us. We said we will paid her, but she said just give her more meals or go out to eat is what she want. ( We were a student family.) We believed her. We didn't know she is not happy about that......... So she start to tell us she was going to babysit my son and cancelled at last mins in so many time. When she really showed up she open every closet and go every room in my apartment to know my life. Then she gossip behind us. The worst thing is she use the pray requests the know everything in my life. In this eight years we live in the fish tank..............

Amy940

Asked by Amy940 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• She's just a bad person. It has nothing to do with her religion.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• This is a stupid question. Why are Christians so mean? Why is anyone so mean? I've met complete assholes from every walk of life.

If you took this question, crossed out "chistian" and put in any other group, you'd see what a lame generalization this is. Seriously, if someone black is rude to me at the grocery store, should I run to cafemom and ask why black people are so mean?

If the lady is an ass, whether she's christian or not, get her out of your life and move on with things.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• There it is again - when a self-professed Christian acts like an ass, people immediately jump to and insist that either they aren't real Christians or it has nothing to do with being Christian. Why can't people just admit that sometimes, Christians can be assholes too?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She is a mean Christian, all right. But she isn't mean BECAUSE she is a Christian.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 12:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I with your NP. She is a christian, who is an ass. Christians CAN be and ARE asses too!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't think her being a Christian has anything to do with it, she is just a jerk, and obviously not being the right kind of Christian.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It really does have nothing to do with being a Christian. People are meanies regardless of their faith. Christian or not, there are some horrid people out there.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Is it so incredibly hard for you people to admit that your own kind can be incredibly self centered, spiteful, and just plain mean spirited?
    If this person states that they are a christian, regardless of the behavior that they model, they are what they profess to be.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• There are nasty people in every group, and she sounds like she is a mean person who happens to profess Christianity. I don't think she is mean BECAUSE she is Christian, but 'Christian' and 'mean' are definitely not mutually exclusive terms!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Why do you generalize Christians because ONE person was mean? SHE is mean, it doesn't mean Christians are mean.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010