Honest opinions, please!

My friend has a beautiful little girl with a terrific name. I am currently pregnant and nearly due and I REALLY have my heart set on using her daughter's name for MY daughter...the only problem is, my friend is VERY angry that I want to give my daughter, her daughter's name. I know this sounds horrible but we are military wives (which means that we won't really remain close friends for all of our lives due to being restationed all over the world constantly) so I don't see a problem with using it. It's not like it will be confusing for very long (my DH is scheduled to PCS...be restationed...in 6 months). Would YOU name your baby the chosen name despite your friend's wishes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My opinion. She doesn't have a copyright on the name. Name your child whatever you want.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My cousin named his little girl after mine. I found it flattering. Her name is Trinity and he loved it and named her that! I was in mailitary family growing up and people come and go but your child stays! So if you and your DH love the name go ahead if your friend is affended then they wont come around I think it is sweet that you love the name so much thta you want to name your child after hers. Good Luck! If you like Trinity you can use it LOL! Just kidding =)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 4:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• LOL...my niece's name is Trinity!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• The name I like is Ivory
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Hmmm...depends on the name, really. If it's a fairly common name, then she really can't claim it. If it's a pretty unique name, then I can understand her anger. You also have a point with the being restationed and stuff. The truth is, you will always regret it if you don't name your daughter what you always wanted. Trust me, I know.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I like that one too! Find my page and write lov to talk to ya! =)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 4:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2008