DO YOU RECOMMEND THE NOOK OR KINDLE FOR A TWEEN WHO IS NOT CRAZY ABOUT READING BUT IS A HANDS ON LEARNER AND LOVES GADGETS. WE ARE HOPING THIS WOULD ENCOURAGE HER TO READ MORE!

3BERGURLZ

Asked by 3BERGURLZ at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think this is a GREAT idea!! I don't have one, but a good friend of mine who is an English teacher at the local college has a Kindle that she loves.....don't know if that's much help.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It might work, it might not (I'm thinking not). I just bought one for my daughter but she loves to read to begin with. My other child does not but is very much a techy/gadget person. Nothing, including getting a Kindle, works for him. He's just not a reader.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nook color.
    it has more then just books, like magazines, kids books, cooking recipes
    ohhowilovemyson

Answer by ohhowilovemyson at 11:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The Nook. There are over 1 million FREE books!!! My son who hates to read, asked to have my Nook. I will do anything to get my son to read. He is also a computer kid, so the Nook is perfect. He will be getting my Nook in February and I will get myself the Nook color.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it did my dd! good luck
    budda646

Answer by budda646 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 3, 2011