MY hubby wants to know...???

why do women ask for thier husbands opinion and then go and ask thier mom and take what thier mom says to heart

lacyjay1987

Asked by lacyjay1987 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because women know that their husband will tell them whatever they think their wives want to hear. But a mother will say the same thing, only nicer and in a way that the wife can relate to.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I want to know why guys think that, "What's your opinion" equates to "Please, tell me what to do". If I ask DH for his opinion, it's because I want to know what he's thinking, not because I'm asking for him to definitively solve a situation for me. I'm collecting data - and I might wish to collect data from more than just him. If my mother's advice/opinion makes more sense than his, I'd be silly not to go with that.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• LOL i read these to him and he smiled a laughed alittle he knows we are right ladies HAHA he has been defeted lol
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because my mom tells the truth and he has to live with me afterwards.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• LOL PINK THATS FUNNY!!! so true too
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Men have the mindset that when asked for an opinion, they need to give/find the solution.

Women don't want the problem solved (we can do that ourselves), they want to vent, talk, and brew over it until they are ready to decide but in the meantime, they want someone to talk 'at' not necessarily talk 'to'.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• good answer!!!
    lacyjay1987

Comment by lacyjay1987 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My Hubby tells me the truth, whether it hurts or not... I don't have a Mother to turn to, or anyone else for that matter, so I appreciate his honesty, otherwise I wouldn't repsect anything he say's if I know it's BS just to cover his arse....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I love Dr. Donna's answer and agree with it.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• In my ex's case, it was because my mother had known me longer, was more mature in her thinking and thought further about potential problems and/or consquences, where my ex would say, "Yeah sure babe, whatever you think is best."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2010