how do I stop my kid to be so negative towards my boyfrieng?

My little girl does not seem to like my boyfriend,,he does nice things for them all the time....but she is mad because she is afraid that he is taking her from me. When I talk tto her , she just acts like it is a game and wont tell me her feeling

kamsue

Asked by kamsue at 11:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would ask her why and sit down and make time for her to explain it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have try that many times...she just says that there is tp much drama in there life
    kamsue

Comment by kamsue (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sometimes kids know and because they are too young we dismiss them she is telling you now you have to get her to say what the drama is?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• How old is your daughter? Maybe your boyfriend is trying too hard to get her to like him-- maybe he needs to back up and give her space and time to get to know him. I would let her know that she is THE #1 person in your life, and that you will always be there for her and love her (maybe she just needs reassurance?). I would also make it a point to spend a bit more time 1 on 1 with her and have 'girls time' -- do fun things together, or do game night, pizza and movie night.... but have it be the 2 of you and not the bf. Then maybe she will feel a bit more secure and maybe even warm up to the bf.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I know what some of it is...she is nine , nine year old dont have tons of it
    kamsue

Comment by kamsue (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would listen to your child and maybe you should look at the situation from her viewpoint. She doesn't get to choose who is in and out of her life you do. How many boyfriends has she had to deal with in her lifetime? Kids are not as resiliant as so many think and they do need consistancy. Are you spending enough time with her? Do you put his needs above hers? Really look at what you are doing and maybe you can understand where she is coming from. She might sense he is not a good guy kids are very perceptive when it comes to that. She might be afraid to tell you the real reason. Kids trump a silly boyfriend anyday in my home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I dont know what to do...my bf and I are always talking about how to help her....I been divored for about five years....I dated some but nothing like this...her daddy is remarried and have a baby on the way.. he has really never been inmy kids lives even when we was married......see should be happy for me...

kamsue

Comment by kamsue (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am with anon on this one. You say that you have dated some guys but how many have been paraded in front of her?

She is probably in defense mode. She has gotten close to the guys you date just for them to leave so why should she get close to this one? Unless you know it's a long term thing, you shouldn't have introduced them.

Anyway, Kids do trump guys. If my daughter didn't like my fiancee, we wouldn't be together.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• she hasnt meet many of my boyfriends........I try to keep them away tell know that we will have something real
    kamsue

Comment by kamsue (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She should be happy for you? No, that's not how kids work.
    Anonymous