Does "Teen Mom" glamorize teen pregnancy?

As being discussed on HLN. Now this is taking into consideration the after effects, meaning interviews and the reality television of it all. Do you think it is glamorizing teen pregnancy? Do you think there are young girls trying to get pregnant to get on this show?

FOR DISCUSSION ONLY. This is a current topic on HLN. I am just asking for opinions... not personal stories.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that girls were trying to get pregnant to get on the show. However, I don't see how anyone could interpret it as glamorous. They all have so much drama and problems in their lives! Who wants that?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No! I think if people actually watched it they would know it doesn't glorify teen pregnancy. 2 out of 4 of those girls on the show were single moms, struggling to make ends meet, juggle school and be a mom. One of them went nuts and became an abusive psycho. If anything, I think Teen Mom can be a learning tool to see exactly why you shouldn't get pregnant at 16.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it hardly makes anything look glamorous
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No. I don't think that it has the impact. Teen pregnancy has been a huge issue before reality television and will be an issue long after reality television is considered over and done with. I have never watched a single episode but have had friends who do and comment on it. Reality television never has struck me as all that real.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm just saying in a teens perspective rather than an adults perspective the show and it's surroundings could look glamorous.
    The adult see's, a kid struggling to be a parent, a kid who has no idea what they are getting into, dad leaving, dad cheating, mom dropping out of school and strggling on assistance 10 years later.

The kid(not all kids) sees, a cute baby, they get to have sex, the special attention the girl is getting, the attention from the show in the media, etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If anyone thinks it's glamorous they are not paying attention. Their lives look horrible to me. They have so much drama with the fathers, they struggle, drop out of school and work or stay in school and still work at minimum wage jobs and that is just scratching the surface.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think that they do. I am not a teen and it is hard for me to raise my son. Having a child isn't easy and they make it look like it is. Having a child and going to school is so hard.
    mary_whtsn

Answer by mary_whtsn at 12:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it does, and I'd bet there are teen girls trying to get pregnant so they can be on the show. No matter what struggles are shown on the show, some are only going to see "I can be on tv if I get pregnant."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes an No
    No because it looks like a pretty sad situation to me! Giving up baby, or dad dumps mom, cheats on mom, realize they can't do it, or it's harder than they thought. And they look miserable.
    YES because: Teens only see what they want to see. They can take the stuff they like off the show and ignore the rest.
    Some probably think it's okay to get preg, they will get a TV show for it.
    I saw a quiz on FB, Which teen mom are you? Made me sick.
    I don't think they should have made another season. It's encouraging kids to watch more.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010