help.. my baby has bad gas

My 8 week old twins strain and cry till they let out a fart and this will continue for 2 hours after they eat... Me pediatrition is convinced that it's not an allergy because no rash, watery/hard stools are present...

anyone have any ideas for me... I can't take it!

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 11:15 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Change formula.... How long has it been?

Sometimes the formula don't sit right with a child, call your peditrician and ask her about changing the formula if the baby is in that much pain, something is not sitting right with the childs stomach......

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Have you tried Mylicon drops?
    Also, I put uncooked rice in a sock & tied it at the opening...microwave until warm and put that on their tummy.

Good luck!! My daughter had bad gas too when she was an infant, it's horrible!! Hang in there momma!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I too was going to suggest Mylicon drops. Those helped my son when he was an infant. Best of luck to you.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She might have something wrong with her bowls. I would take her to a diff. doctor.
    SamanthaGoetz

Answer by SamanthaGoetz at 11:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My son went through that at the same age, when he was drinking primarily breast milk. It lasted for a week or two, then stopped. I started mixing a couple of drops of Mylicon in his bottles and it seemed to help.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• changed the formula to similac sensitive and used infant drops... still nothing works... anyone have any formula suggestions?
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• DD had bad gas at that age as well. What we would do that seems to help was lay her on her back and we would move her legs like the motion as if she were riding a bike. You know know someone shakes their legs when their nervous or antsy. We would lay dd on either of our laps shake our legs gently like that while patting her back. I hope you can find a solution to the gas problem. Good luck.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We would lay dd on her stomach while she was on our lap.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Can you try a different brand of formula? Try Enfamil's Gentlease. You can also put probiotics in the bottles too, I had to do it for my son from 3 weeks to 1 year - 1 probiotic per day split between 3 bottles, or he couldn't poop. Once he hit a year old he was fine.
    Anonymous

• 8 weeks is not very old. You have a great opportunity to have success relactating, even if you are only able to supement with breast milk a few feedings per day, it could solve the problem.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010