If you had the choice.....

Would you have waited to have your children if it meant you could have become something more than you are, or are you happy you had your children and wouldn't change it for the world?

My answer:

I wouldn't have changed it for the world, even though I never got a chance to party or make something of myself or go to college. My son is my whole world, and he's the only thing that matters to me, besides my husband....

mamaziller

Asked by mamaziller at 11:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in

• wouldn't change anything.
    because even though we were young, we didn't let it stop us. my husband graduated college when I was about 5 mos pregnant, and I'm getting ready to graduate this May. nothing to regret whatsoever :)
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was 29 when my son was born. He was a surprise, but a pleasant one. I was ready to be a mommy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Wouldn't change it. For anything !
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am 44 and have two grown daughters. Our family has longevity so I expect to live another 40 or 50 years... with no children at home.

I would not swap this for having babies in the house today, whatever difference that might have made to the comfort of our finances or the 'stuff' we could have purchased.

I did have time to 'party' and got over wanting to way before I was 22. I have 'made something of myself' --I'm a very successful woman, mother, wife, daughter and friend. Now I'm building my business, writing and volunteering in areas I care a lot about. And I have two, successful full-grown children, too.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I did wait. I was 30 when I had my first. I had finished most of my education, was established in a wonderful marriage and was ready to add kids to my life. Now, I've got a great career and a wonderful family. I wouldn't have done it any other way.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't change anything
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't change it. I wanted to be finished having kids by the time I was 30, and I did just that!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i would not change anything because the comany i started and the widom i gained by having kids has made me a better and stronger c.e.o and human being its all good
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sometimes I ask myself this same question. Then my son comes up to me and gives me lovings and I know that I wouldn't change it for nothing. Yeah I would have loved to waited for a couple years cause like you I didn't get to party and have a lot of fun but I figure it was meant to be that I had him at this time.
    mary_whtsn

Answer by mary_whtsn at 12:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• something is wrong with my keyboard or me it should have been company and wisdom
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

Next question in
Would you rather ....

Next question overall (Health)
did you know...?