Cafemom, Vote downs need to get the heck outta here.. What is the purpose? That needs to be an option.

This is discussions. It is opinions. I ask questions, I DON'T WANT VOTE DOWNS IN MY QUESTIONS. Can't I have that button? That is so darn immature. There is nothing on my questions to warrant a vote down.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• And OP, if anyone deserves to NOT get voted down, it's you. Your questions AND responses are always friendly and polite! :) "

Apparently someone disagrees. They're obviously ignorant about the OP's posts or they know that what I said is true.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't like the vote downs much either especially when an answer is voted down because it does not agree or go along with what someone else thinks. Now rude, bitchy, troll answers and answers that have nothing to do with the question-- -yeah those should be voted down. But not respectful answers that might not happen to agree with the poster or other replies.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Vote downs, vote ups, and levels are pointless..hell - the whole credits system is pointless. I don't care about any of it, but I'll help ya out by bumping this. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I only use it when someone gives harmful information, like if someone asks what to do for a coughing baby and someone says "give them cough syrup" - that kind of answer deserves vote downs!
    Anonymous

• Thank you, I agree just because I view something different from how you view it doesn't mean my answer to a discussion is wrong. I think vote downs belong to those who are truly being very rude or are way off base with the question. But in a discussion no, just because you don't like my point doesn't mean you should vote me down.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• As long as I don't lose points for vote-downs then I don't care.
    I think earning points is fun so I can't lie and say I don't care about those.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If someone is looking for honest advice and someone else responds in a mean spirited way, hell yes I vote them down. Some of these bitchy answers NEED others to say "this is not ok." Other than that, I don't vote someone down just because I don't like the question. It's like TV or the radio...if you don't like the song/show/question...move on.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'd rather an option of "no votes" rather than just "no down votes". I'd love to see questions again where people are only answering to contribute and not to whore points.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• "Some of these bitchy answers NEED others to say "this is not ok."
    That's actually what we were originally told they were MEANT for - to kind of be like our way of monitoring ourselves, in order to cut down on abuse reports. At least, that was the impression I was under at the time, and I can remember other users voicing concern about it turning out to be just as petty as its gotten....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Looks like some of yall are being stalked..rofl.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010