So what did YOUR contractions feel like?

Right now my tummy keeps getting super firm and hurting along with a pain in my lower back!!! Ugh I hate not KNOWING.

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 5:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Thats funny, because ehen I had my daughter I did not know what was happening to me so I just layed in bed putting up with the pain all night. The next day I asked my mom what did her contractions feel like she said girl I have no Ideal I have not had a baby in over 10 years lol. Still later that day I did not go to the hospital untill the pain got worse wors. My contractions felt like something was trying to bust out of my stomach, but at the same time it also felt like someone was hitting me as hard as they could in my private I HATE CONTRACTIONS THEY SUCK.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 6:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Everyones contractions are different. I had mine in the top of my stomache and I just worked threw them for a while, until they induced my labor (that freaken hurtssss) that makes your whole stomache hurt back to back, before you can catch your breathe theres another unbareable pain. It wouldnt be so bad if they wouldnt induce me. My cousins had contractions in her back and did not know and had a stillborn baby and one premature from it. Please becareful if you think they might be contractions go get checked in the hospital. Yes your whole stomache becomes tight. Good luck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Wow, well with my daughter i was in horrible pain cause not only was I contracting, but she was literally lodged in my pelvic bone... I didn't realize it at the time, as I thought it was normal contraction pain; but I literally thought I'd rather die. The contractions themselves now I know how to separate the two; were like a constant pulled muscle ache almost like a mix between a giant charlie horse in the tummy and menstrual cramps combined. I had lower back contractions myself. I do know that they are honestly mild in the beginning, and boy do they get worse as time goes on. Again my pain was totally different as she was lodged, and they can and will differ depending upon an individual, the situation, and their pain tolerance; as the above poster said GL!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 6:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think the charlie horse analogy is pretty good. Especially for your first contractions. The tightening you're describing happens in both braxton hicks and normal contractions, but the difference is pain. Real contractions are going to hurt, and it sounds like they are painful for you...and it also sounds like you might be having "back labor". I'm a little nervous at round 2 that I wont catch the first ones since the only thing I have to compare it to is being induced with my last baby. I'm told induced labor hurts more, and besides, when you're laying getting induced you know to expect contractions so you don't second guess them when they come...I can definitely see how women wait too long or go to the hospital all the time and are wrong.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• like the worst stomach ache ever. i didn't know i was in labor, I was just like, Bryan, I don't feel good. When I got checked I was about 6cm.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 8:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Mine started out like a rock in my stomach and pain in my back. Then it a little later my stomach started really firm up and loosing also it felt like I couldn't breathe. Right before I got the epidural (6 cm) it felt like terrible period pain, added to everything in the beginning.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Yours sounds just like mine was. Really low and tight. I had 13 hours of back labor. The first 4 hours I just thought my skin was tightening.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Have you ever had a cramp in your foot and you're sitting there hoping and praying it will go away? And when it does, you're glad its over. Yeah, that's what it feels like only it happens a bunch in a row.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008