Looking for some kind of cleaning wipe for baby toys.

Hello. I was wondering if someone knew of a cleaning product that comes like wipes to take on the go for quickly cleaning off something going into baby's mouth, ex. pacifier, and that is safe so that when the baby puts it back in his/her mouth, the chemical on the wipe wont hurt him/her.

cj93082

Asked by cj93082 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Clorox makes an "Everyday Spray" that comes in wipe form. I haven't seen it at Target lately though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• So, you're looking for something lethal to germs and harmless to people? Good luck with that.

It is helpful to have information:

It takes more than a whole minute for dry surfaces to transfer germs to wet surfaces --so the 5 second rule is more like the 60 second rule. If something is picked up quickly, it's still as clean as it was when it fell out of the baby's already germ-filled mouth.

There are no bacteria that can live more than a few minutes on dry surfaces, and few viruses. If you're dropping things in a hospital, you have lots to worry about, but normally-cleaned domestic and commercial surfaces just don't have the potential to harm that way.

Anti-bacterial chemical are not anti-viral.

All antibacterials, even the very most powerful, have to be wet on the surface for 4 MINUTES before they're effective at killing even a fraction of the germs. Which wipe will do that?

Which hand sanitizer?

LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• White Vinegar. Put it in a small spritz bottle, or to make wipes, cut up Viva paper towels in half or quarters or whatever size, put in a container about the same size, and add just enough vinegar to make the whole stack damp. Just make sure, if you're using it on something baby's sticking in his/her mouth, to let it dry before going in baby's mouth. It's not harmful, just doesn't taste good.
    Anonymous

• The clorox everywhere is made from diluted bleach. I wouldnt use it on my kids toys, regardless of the instructions.
    I agree with the above poster. Distilled White Vinegar kills bacteria and is not harmful at all. I dilute it in water. (about 1:3)
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it's from "the first years" There called pacifier wipes. They safely clean pacifiers, teething toys bottles and cups. No chemicals or alcohol. It's 100% food grade so completely safe. I have found mine at wal-mart, k-mart, target and babies r us. I never thought I would use mine but were on our 2nd bag and he is 4 months old now. I keep a pack in my diaper bag at all times
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010