Do you buy gifts for your childs daycare provider?

my son goes to a small home daycare. is it normal to buy ai gift for your childs daycare provider? if so, what do i get?!

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 11:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• I either get things that she can use at the daycare (kleenex, lotions, hand soaps, air freshener) or I give her 1 weeks pay extrra.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes, I have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am at a lost, I am thinking small gift cards to dunkin donuts...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Buy them, no, but I am going to make cinnamon rolls for her and her family.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I got her a $50 grocery gift card each year....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If you can afford it I'd say paying her extra (Christmas bonus) or getting a gift card would be great, but if your budget is tight then go with something to pamper her in some way or bring her some baked goods. My kids are in a center, so I usually get a gift card for their main teacher, and since they all interact with my kids and cover for my kid's teacher when she is gone, I also bring small goody/gift bags for the entire staff . Last year I put hand lotion and lipgloss in little cosmetics bags. This year I've got chocolates, shortbread cookies, and fancy cocoa mix packets.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I make lots of homemade goodies for the holidays so last year I gave my daycare provider a goodie basket for her and her family. I will probably do the same this year, or I would give her a gift certificate for Starbucks or a restaurant, something along those lines. I don't know that it's a requirement, I just think it's a nice gesture of appreciation.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I get my children's daycare teachers gift cards to restuarants.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 11:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think gift cards or a cash bonus are the best gift for a daycare provider.....if you go with a gift card, I'd say something to pamper herself a little with. Taking care of children is rewarding, but also exhausting.

If you're on a tight budget, even movie tickets are nice, but if it's even tighter, remember that a heartfelt gift, something you make with your child or baked goods is always a great gift.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We're giving her a gift card for a manicure/pedicure and a set of earplugs. LOL
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My kids go to a home center as well. The first year my son was there I think I paid her the equivalent of an extra day. The last 2 years, we've given her gift cards to Starbucks, and this year we're giving her a bottle of wine.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010