I don't care to read about your child's 24/7 life

Ok i am all for my child, but i also want to be my own person outside of just being a mother.. I have a lot of friends on facebook that all they do is post status updates of there child's every move, silly saying's, or bad behaviors and ok i wouldn't care so much if it was once a day, because we all know kids can do some pretty amazing things, but every 15 minutes, 30 minutes or every hour is just plain ridiculous in my opinion.. Sometimes it makes me feel like a less than mother because all these other mother's are 24/7 there kids, but it's like there is more to my life than just being a mom i don't need to post everytime my 4 year say's something funny, she ask's me a silly question, she tells me wonderful comments about how much she loves me, or what she just ate..

Am i wrong here, i am i the only one who think's this??? Am i a horrible mother for not being so obsessive over my childs 24/7 happenings????

AudrisMom06

Asked by AudrisMom06 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• None of my friends do this but I know what you mean. I don't mind reading about new accomplishments but some people are a bit excessive. You can always block that persons status updates, if it bugs you. If you go to their page you can still read them, but they won't show up on your homepage.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I can see why it might be annoying, but why would you let what someone else posts as her facebook status bother you? I mean seriously, it's Facebook. I have "friends" there who post all kinds of different stuff all the time, ranging from silly to rude to combative to self-centered, and it just doesn't really matter to me.
    I'm not trying to be ugly to you, I just don't think you should let what other people post on Facebook make you question your mothering skills and commitment to your children.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We set up a facebook page for our daughter so that the grand parents can friend her and get all the up dates that way. Then our friends arent pestered by our obsessive love for our baby. facebook is good for families that are all spread out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well, I don't post constantly. I do about one or two status updates a day, and occasionally, none. However, mine usually do involve my son, and often, how wonderful he is to me, lol. If someone doesn't like it, they can be be my guest to remove me from their friends list. If someone doesn't want to hear about the most important thing in my life, I don't need them to be my friend anyways. :)

However, what I DO find annoying is when someone posts drama, complaining, and rude call-outs to people they might be mad at. I think that's tacky.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I see it as the new way to journal. The site saves it all for you and if others care then they can read it or ignore it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Oh...and I do have friends that do it constantly. But honestly, as long as it's positive, I don't mind it a bit. I'm happy that they're happy and loving, appreciating, and enjoying their child. Regardless, I don't really get the need to post every 15 minutes, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• lol im a sahm so my life is my dd! so all i post are things about my dd cuz thats all i do all day! im sure it bugs people but i dont care! i have a lot of family on FB and they love to know wat is going on with my dd! sorry it bugs u!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You realize you can block them on the news feed & still stay friends with them. I had to do that w/ a few people on there. Got sick of their dumb status updates every 20 min. That way I dont have to see it yet I dont offend them by dropping them
    Anonymous

• Yeah I have friends like this I just figure thats what their life is and move on
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I dont think you are wrong and I dont think those mothers are wrong as well. Some people (like me) cant get enough of our children and post just about anything pertaining to them. I dont do it with my friends in mind, but I do it for myself and my family that are thousands of miles away that appreciates it. If you do not like it and it bothers you that muchconfusedthen unfriend them. Its that simple, just because YOU dont like it and has a problem shouldnt mean the mothers have to stop with their lovely postings. I know Im going to get thumbs down, but thats just my $0.02

KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010