Holiday tipping question/hairstylist?

I am giving my stylist the cost of one haircut as a holiday tip ( cash inside a money holder card). Do I give her the usual tip on top of that or not? I will be giving her $50.00. My haircuts are $45.00 and she cuts my daughters hair as well for $25.00 ( only a few times a year) .

jcm62497

Asked by jcm62497 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• No I just give the regular tip. Or if this is someone you know well maybe a baked good.
    Anonymous

• That is very generous.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would give her the usual tip as well, that's what I've done in the past.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• OMG! As a stylist I must say that is SO sweet! It melts my heart when people like you remember me when I'm not even expecting it! From my view point, I would be happy with that, and wouldn't expect a tip. That is really neat!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I usually tip anywhere fron 15 to 20 dollars if my hair is great,but i had an experience that changed my mind!I had used this lady for about 4 dos and all was wonderful.I left the same 15 dollar tip in her jar and walked to the front of the salon,well she saw i had only left her 15,and did not realize i was still in the salon,and started yelling names and all saying that she worked on my hair for over 2 hours and all that bitch left me was 15.00???I quietly walked back to her station,took my 15 back and told her she need not call me names as i was done with her.I don't tip now unless i really like my hair period.So sad I was not ashamed to do what i did.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:21 PM on Jan. 4, 2011