Should I be Worried? If my 2yr old doesnt want to stay in school.

So ive been taking my daughter to a Child Care Center, while i go to school. The first couple of days, yeah she cried a lil bit, but then she loved going...its been 4months now, for the last week or so. she does not want to stay. Ive ask the teachers how shes doing any changes. The only thing that they told me was that shes starting to Not listen and throwing fits here in there. Now I dont know if i need to be worried, cuz it breaks my heart leaving her crying when i leave. and Today she was clinging on my leg almost dragging her, but she wouldnt let me go, all she kept saying was that she wanted to go with me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe there's a kid there that's picking on her? She might also just be going through a phase. How are things at home? If things are tense between you and your SO, she might be feeling it. Hopefully, this will pass soon. Hang in there, mama, and good job going back to school!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It is normal for them to do this. I have worked in daycares in the toddler room and saw it all the time. They do stop at a point and time. When it right for them. HUGS
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Okay, time to change places. I had this happen twice. Both times I found out by spying that there was more going on than they were telling. One lady was yellling at my son, putting him in timeouts when he wasn't doing anything, and allowing other kids to beat on him. Pretty much the same thing at another place, they were treating him poorly and he was frustrated, angry and tense. It showed at home too. I found it funny how they couldn't wait to tell me what my boy did wrong but never told me what was happening to him until I found blue bite marks on his back.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Something happen I would take her out., fine another babysitter.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It is normal for some children to do that every time their parent leaves BUT this is all of the sudden so that is a major red flag. I would try to talk to other parents and see how they are feeling and consider switching schools. Is there a new teacher in the room? Even for a little while when the regular teacher goes on break?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my son had that problem to for like a week or so in the middle of the semester, then one day I drop him of and he is nearly pushing me out of the door. saying bye mommy go mommy!!! and when i picked him up he wasn't wanting to leave. Maybe with school and all she feels left out maybe try spending some extra time with her. She is two maybe its the begining of terrible twos, let her know she is loved. and if it still is happening them maybe try to spy.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Have there been any changes at home? I have had more than one act out at my home because something was going on in their own.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt sound right to me, she cried for a couple of days then loved going and now 4 months later doesnt want to, I think that there might be something going on, I would take her out of there NOW!
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010