What's a good book to read about the Holocaust?

Platinum_Mommy

Asked by Platinum_Mommy at 12:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Entertainment

• Schindler's List and The Diary of Anne Frank are the most common and they're both very good (and very sad).
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Elie Wiesel's "Night" and Corrie ten Boom's "The Watchmaker's Daughter" are both very in depth accounts from Holocaust survivors.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• There's a book by Corrie Ten Boom..can't recall the name of it right now...its a good one.
    Anonymous

• The Diary of Anne Frank is my favorite, but it depends on what aspect of the Holocaust you want to read about.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry, I need to make a correction to one of my suggestions--"The Watchmaker's Daughter" was written by someone else. However, Corrie ten Boom did write several firsthand accounts as well. I read "The Watchmaker's Daughter" a few times many years ago.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and Night
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Elie Wiesel's "Night" and Primo Levi's "Survival in Auschwitz"....I've read them both, they are excellent!
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The dentist of auschwitz and dear God, have you ever gone hungry? They're both memoirs of holocaust survivors. I don't remember who wrote the first one but the second one is by joseph bau
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Corrie Ten Boom's book is called The Hiding Place. I haven't read it, but figured it might make it easier to find from previous suggestions.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The Diary of Anne Frank - if you type in Diary of Anne Frank on Wikipedia they have some interesting supporting information also

tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010