Do you have issues with your SO snoring and keeping you up at night or vice versa?

My husband and I have not slept in the same bed together at night for the past four nights because of his snoring. We've been together for almost 4 years and he never snored up until about a year and a half ago. He keeps me awake almost all night long, yelling at him to turn over and cover his face with something. He keeps saying he's going to try some at-home remedies or some of the things you can buy from the store to try to get rid of it until he sees a doctor, but he has yet to do it. Last night I had to sleep on the couch because I attempted to deal with his snoring but it just irritated me to the point I got out of bed and slept on the couch. At least I couldn't hear him and I got about 7 hours of sleep finally. Ahhhhhh!

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• First try the breathe right nose strips. You can get them at the CVS. They are cheap.

There is also. Spray called snore stop, I think.

Mke him go to the doctor. He could have obstructive apnea and need a breathing machine or surgery.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes. He's not real bad everynight but sometimes he wakes me up and I have to kick/nudge him. He gets mad when I wake him up for snoring but he also gets mad when I leave the bed to sleep in another room because of it so he just has to deal lol. Sorry, I don't have a cure!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have the same problem. Usually I can punch nudge my DH so he will roll onto his side, which helps cut down on the snoring. I also bought some ear plugs--just wax ball ones--and that helps too. Sorry, I know it's annoying. I hope he will see the doctor soon and make sure it's not something potentially more serious.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I feel your pain. These past 2 weeks OMG I cannot stand it anymore. I am not sleeping. I am so sick with a cold and did not fall a sleep unitl 3:00 am. I told him this morning I cannot do this anymore. He had to do something about this.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My husband is a snorer. He has sleep apnea and now he uses a c-pap machine. It is so nice! People ask me how I can stand the noise of the machine, but really it's not very noisy and it's so much better than the snoring!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• YES! IN fact he is supposed to go to sleep apnea overnight study, but always puts it off.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• DH just started this recently. One night I got up and slept on the couch. In the morning he said,"What did I do?". I told him he can sleep on the couch till he sees the doctor. There could be a serious problem.Tough times call for tough measures. Now I sleep at night, Guess what? He made an appointment.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I used to be able to stand his snoring because it wasn't constant and it wasn't that loud. But it just seems like it gets worse and worse and more annoying! If I don't fall asleep before he does, I might as well set myself up for a long, restless night! It sucks!
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I told mine that last night too. I was so irritated I just cried. I know that may sound silly, but all I want is for one night of sleep that's not interrupted. I haven't been falling asleep until after 1 or 2 every morning and have to get up around 7:30 because that's when my DD wakes up! Ugh.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010