Why am I feeling resentment over this?!

Seriously, this is so dumb, and I dont get why I feel this way...but anyway my friend told me last night their bank acount got scammed 400 bux and our bank (We use the same bank) wont return the money for 4-6 weeks. Her husband is a rank lower than mine and I know how tight finances are where we live for MY family, I cant imagine trying to do it on their paycheck. Anyway so I offered her my heros at home gift card and a 100 dollars for christmas...

Soooooooooooooo why am I feeling upset about this?! I know its the right thing to do and I WANT to do it...what is wrong with me?! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• Why did you offer if you were going to bugged about it?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I haven't told my friend how I feel, she feels bad enough since that was their christmas money. I haven't told anyone how I feel until just now. I also didnt know I would feel this way. I guess its just because we have our own finacial problems as well, I probably shouldn't have given her the money but every kid diserves a christmas.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't say it out loud to her... I was not bashing you by the way, it was an honest question. I think you did the right thing to help her, and I guess just look at it like you gave them a gift from your heart that no one else offered... ? :0) She probably appreciates your effort more than she can show.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I know you weren't. Just trying to give you more insight. She did seem very very very appriciative last night on facebook chat. I guess I just need to get my head out of my butt and get over it. I know my family is better off than hers, and when we go home for christmas I know we will be taken care of. We will survive. I think I just feel this way b/c my husband has been on my case about money lately.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Maybe you did it because you felt you should not out of the goodness of your heart.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No I really did do it out of the kindness of my heart, really I truly did. I am just chalking this up to its because my husband has been on my case about our own finaces lately, even though we arent even half as bad off of as they are.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would look it as one good deed gets another
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• My bank did not catch a with drawl from my business account they ran it twice,i was down 9500.!!!!And since it happened 4 months earlier,bank said they only honor their mistakes for 60 days then its on me!!!scewed me up badly!!My vendor did credit my account for my store but yikes !!!My cpa caught it i missed it !!Changed banks !!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:58 PM on Jan. 4, 2011