Are you the type of person who believes that because things go bad?

Are you the tye of person who says, " Why did God let this happen?" Or do you pray and then ask why didn't God help me? Did you know that he always gives us an answer, it might not be what you want, but sometimes what we ask for isn't good for us, so his answer might be "no". But then again,he may give you a "yes". Do you ever blame God for not helping you, or for not being there? I have heard a lot of people say things like this," if God cared my baby wouldn't be like this", or if God cares then why are we living in a dump?", or" if God cares then why won't he answer my prayers?" Are you this kind of person?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 6:46 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel God gets us through the rough times. Everyone is going to go through finacial, marrital, and other problems. The difference is I have God to help me get through unlike the ones who dont believe in God or whatever. So I would much rather face my problems with my Lord leading the way!!!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 3:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• wow. very interesting. i know what you mean. i have had alot of struggles and usually what gets me through the rough patches is faith that is must be God's will somehow. How may not be clear, maybe in hindsight, but keeping the faith is the important part. Sometimes the hardest things we overcome are the lessons we need to learn the most, and be better for it. Kinda ironic I am experiencing that in my life as we speak. God I know you have a plan for me to do good, please help me lift these hard times up to go and let myself be guided by you to learn what this lesson is. Help us see how to be our best selves for you and for eachother. Amen. (thanks for asking the question, I needed to get that out!)
    babyzionsmama

Answer by babyzionsmama at 6:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• whoops! 'up to you' is what i meant, not 'up to go' lol
    babyzionsmama

Answer by babyzionsmama at 6:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Thank you for answering my question and being so honest!! I a[ppreciate that in a person. I'll pray for you when I say my prayers. May God stand beside you in all that you do!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 6:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• This is a very good question. Obviously I don't think like that because I don't believe in God however for many this may be why they have doubts with their faith. It may also be why some turn away from God. My disbelief in God is purely on a logical/practical/way my brain works type of deal. The kind of questions that came about are ones where people are trying to find explanations as to why something happened and sometimes the answer they want is not the answer they get.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm like that at times. Then I remember what He brought me out of, then I start praising!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No, I wouldn't say that I am. Of course, I've never had anything particularly bad happen that I felt I could "blame" God for.

A lot of people are under the impression that if they pray for it, they get it! Everyone needs to remember that sometimes his answer is "no". He sees the big picture, and he knows what is best for you in the end, even if you can't see it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I used to be. Then I came to the conclusion that God doesn't exist or if he does he doesn't give two cents about me. Things happen and it's not always part of some big plan. Like Kristi said this is part of the reason I turned away. But to be fair God, if he exists, turned away from me first.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:05 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Nope, nope and nope. Everything happends for a reason, just because I perseve a situation as "bad" doesn't mean that it is. I know I can not see the big picture from where I'm standing.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 10:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Nope. I am Agnostic and though I have had a cancer scare, a house fire, medical problems with my daughter, and other rough times in the last year... I've never turned to God or blamed God. Religion hasn't entered in to how I deal with my life. Our family has weathered each of these storms and just ended up stronger, closer and more appreciative. Interesting question though!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008