How do you gain friendships..

So i have been on this site now i believe two day's, i absolutely love the variety of thing's to do on here. I know one thing is to make friends, meet mom's, etc.. But all i've really beeen able to do is join in on post's, answer's, question's, games.. I have requested a few people to be my friend in hopes to find some sort of connection between us, but so far i seem to just be only wondering around the site.. What's the best approach to all of this?

AudrisMom06

Asked by AudrisMom06 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It's a little easier you if you SPECIFICALLY look up something you are interested in. For example: Let's say you like to read well you can join the Cafemom Book Club but there are over 1000 members in that group. But let's say you like to read Dan Brown specifically, well then you have a greater chance of finding a smaller, more intimate group with your same interest. That's what I did and and within a week I had friends. Now it's 3 years later and I have made several cafemom friends! Not saying to give up on the other groups...but also join groups with specific interests. Good luck and you'll find friends! :)
    Ariahsmom

Answer by Ariahsmom at 4:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You get to know ppl through Answers or games and then send a query. I have found it takes awhile to find others with the same interests.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• friends on the internet... I dunno, you don't really know whose at the other end of the monitor is the real issue.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have been on here for a while now and I have not made real friends. However this site is good for support and advice when you need it.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• thought the same thing! I ve been doing this for about a month or so and just got ONE friend last night....I was beginning to worry til I saw your post! Thanks for making me see I am not the only one with this prob!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It takes awhile. Longer than two days to make friends, just like in real life. Find some groups that interest you, then post and reply, and you'll find some friends.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010