Who do I call?

I work in a place that has a warehouse and a small fleet of vehicles. In the winter naturally, the guys like to keep the big doors on the bays closed. My office sits against one of the warehouse walls...in the corporate office. When the "big wigs' are here, the guys know they cannot pull in the warehouse and leave the vehicle running, or back up to the doors for long periods of time, to load up for example, with the vehicle running. BUT on Thursdays, there are no "big wigs" here. So, they do it. I swear the exhaust is killing Me! I really have gone out there and asked nicely for them to turn the vehicles off, especially when inside with the door down. This warehouse is very big, but the smell permeates my office and I feel light headed. So, I need to take this to a higher power...who should I call?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• Ghostbusters? Sorry - I couldn't resist. My instinct would be to call city or county environmental control - can't think of the exact agency.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• OSHA maybe? IDK?
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with OSHA.
    Luvmybooskies

Answer by Luvmybooskies at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Take it FIRST to your direct supervisor. Then above the supervisor's head to his/her supervisor. If you get no joy from the company chain of command, OSHA. But you may be able to get a directive from the bosses without having to wait on OSHA. They may not know this stuff is going on.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Tell the "big wigs".
    Anonymous

• Call your boss and if he doesn't handle it , Call OSHA
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• OSHA.gov

Answer by rkoloms at 10:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Tell the big wigs .. anonymously.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010