Military answers section...

Don't you think there should be a military answers section? There are a large chunk of spouses and active duty military personnel on this site and I'm sorry but military does things differently and deal with a huge array of issues that not everyone is going to understand. I've seen it so much, someone associated with the military in some way will ask a question and either people answering have no clue what they're talking about or do not empathize because they do not understand or straight up bash the question and the person asking it.

marine_wife0520

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Have you ever been to yuku?? Depending on what base you are at, they have the same type of message board as here and it was extremely helpful when I had questions. I just talk to my FRO now, but before when I didn't know I went there. We are at Camp Lejeune and there is a huge section on yuku for us and of course all other military bases.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No. I just think us militray wives just need to join groups and ask questions there, We can't section ourselves off. It's like saying okay lets make a section for black people only or make a section for school teachers only.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It does really annoy me when people who arent in the military try to answer the questions and they are far off basis
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The problem I often see is that military dependents seem to think they know as much about the military as the soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen themselves and I gotta tell ya, they don't. Unless you're at work with them and have to deal with the same mental BS they have to day-to-day, you only know a part of it. Not saying you know nothing, but you don't, as dependents, know as much as you may think you do.

Army Sgt
    Anonymous

• I think joining groups for things you have in common is a great idea.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it's a good idea, but I still think people who know nothing about the military will answer. I know I go to the answers section in general, which includes all sections.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• agreed, just like the religious sections and every other section that's "themed" you'll get people in there that really dunno anything about the topic but have to put their 2c in, anyways.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yeah that was the basis of this question, I've seen it a lot and it just frustrates me! lol Not saying we're special but there's just a lot of poop to deal with that only military is going to know the answer, too.
    marine_wife0520

Comment by marine_wife0520 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• That's a GREAT idea... and I'm not military at all.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

Keeping in mind this is the internet, there's no way to really section anyone off or have a "us only group" here without a way to verify anyone's info. If people wanna get in, they will.

Anonymous