Why do some parents not vaccinate their children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• because there is a fear that all these vaccinations cause autism
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because it's their business not yours
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Religious beliefs, mercury fear, autism fear, just feeling it is necessary anymore and some feel some are better to get then get the shot(like flu shots and chicken pox shot)
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because they fear the side effects. Personally, from all of my research, I've found it BY FAR the best option to vaccinate. This non-vaxing trend is really dangerous. There are some instances where some children shouldn't get certain vaccines...but those instances are few and far between.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because I don't want to
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Severe adverse reaction which has caused 2 of my children to contract the virus which was being vaccinated to prevent... Everyone has different reasons. Some are legit, some aren't.

By the way, vaccinating does NOT cause autism. It CAN cause heavy metal poisoning, which has some of the same symptoms and is frequently misdiagnosed. When a child is detoxed, the symptoms disappear. This is why dietary changes often alleviate the symptoms of misdiagnosed autism.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because they dont understand that there are risks involved with everything you do in life. You have to weigh those out. They dont get that one day, because there's a huge flux in non vaccinations, all those diseases that were once so feared by parents will come back. And just because they have medications now does not mean your children can't still suffer permanent damage or death from these preventable diseases. I chose to get the shots because I believe the benefits out weigh the risks. I have SIX fully vaccinated children that suffered no ill effects from it.
    Anonymous

• I guess they are doing what they think is best for their child, and they have their reasons like religious reasons, they don't believe in vaccines, because of vaccine side effects, because of the ingredients in vaccines..... and maybe some just don't want to.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because they are missinformed.....
    eesmommy

Answer by eesmommy at 1:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because many people believe the risks outweigh the benefits.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 1:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010