Traveling/Flying with 13-month old

At the end of January, my husband, son (who will be 13-months at the time) and I are flying to Phoenix to see his grandma. His extend of travel has been a 3-hr. car ride. The airtime is about 6 hours with 1 stop. I'd love to have suggestions on flying and traveling overall with a baby. Right now, he's eating solids and nursing - not sure if he'll be still nursing or not. Any tips (like do we take a stroller, flying tips, etc.) are recommended. Thanks!

have2travel

Asked by have2travel at 8:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Travel

• flyingwithkids.com
    essortment.com/all/travelingwiths_ooe.htm

These are both the sights that I used. On on the 18th I am flying to Italy with a two year old, so I have been planning this for a while, and both of these sights worked the best!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just flew from Hawaii to Minnesota (2 stops - 10 hrs flight time) with my daughter who is 11 months (nursing and on solids). I brought her stroller along to contain her around during the layovers and its nice to have to get her to/from the gate and to baggage claim. They'll check it in at the gate and you'll get it when you get off the plane (does not count as carryon item). If your son doesn't have his own seat, ask if its a full flight when you check in. They can sit you and your husband with an extra seat in between you for your son. Its nice to have the extra room so he can play in. I also packed a bunch of snacks for her. Cheerios were her best friend during the flight. Also, some kids have difficulties with the altitude changes so during take off/landing, it helps if he's nursing or drinking from a sippy cup. I hope this helps!
    AddysDogBear

Answer by AddysDogBear at 12:22 AM on Nov. 12, 2008