Anyone have an endometrial ablation..were you sedated or knocked out?

They have given me that option of having it sedated with Valium or being completely knocked out. I don't know what to pick. What would/did you do?

spamica

Asked by spamica at 2:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• I was considering having it done and my doctor said it wouldn't be much different than when I got my tubes tied as far as anesthesia. I was given fenanyl which keeps some people awake, I don't remember anything. And that was the narcotic option.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was knocked out. It was so easy. I remember starting down the hallway when they hit my IV with something. Next thing I remember, I was waking up and someone gave me a shot of pain killers in my hip.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was knocked out and the best thing for me. I mean you do not remember a thing. Do what is right for you though.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My friend had it done and she was wide awake. She said it hurt bad for a minute and then it was better. I would not want to be knocked out, personally.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:13 PM on Dec. 17, 2010