Flying/Traveling with 13-month old

At the end of January, my husband, son (who will be 13-months at the time) and I are flying to Phoenix to see his grandma. His extend of travel has been a 3-hr. car ride. The airtime is about 6 hours with 1 stop. I'd love to have suggestions on flying and traveling overall with a baby. Right now, he's eating solids and nursing - not sure if he'll be still nursing or not. Any tips (like do we take a stroller, flying tips, etc.) are recommended. Thanks!

have2travel

Asked by have2travel at 8:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I went on a 5 hour flight with 2, one was 18 mo and one was 4 mo. I nursed the 4 mo on take off and landing to help with the pressurizing. I le t my 18 mo have a bottle.. Its the sucking that helps..We brought a couple of books, cars, little people to entertain the older one, and let her walk the length plane a couple of times; not during meal or beverage service. Dress him and yourself in slip on shoes for the security check. I am not sure if you are allowed to anymore but try to bring snacks like goldfish, and juice, or water. Don't stress have fun. They can check in your stroller at the gate, and have it for you when you get off.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008